Job Opportunity – Summer Camp Counsellor
Fixed term contract June 27 to August 5, 2016 (6 weeks)
Mondays to Fridays – 30 hours/week. Wages $11.25/hour
The camp counsellor is responsible for delivery of the camp activities; providing assistance with supervision of campers on/offsite
and ensuring campers have a safe, quality, fun-filled camp experience.
196 Wentworth St N, Suite 227B Hamilton ON L8L 5V7
The camp counsellor is responsible for:
• delivery of camp program activities under the guidance and supervision of the camp coordinator
• assisting with the supervision of campers on and offsite
• interacting and communicating with parents regarding campers’ needs and well-being
• maintaining a safe and tidy program space, this may include the setup of instruments
• reporting all concerns, accidents and incidents to the camp coordinator for follow up and the appropriate action
• performing other duties as assigned
Canada Summer Jobs eligibility requirements:
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
• Must have been registered as a full time student in the previous academic year and intends to return to school on a full time
basis in the next academic year
• Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
• Is legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
• Must absolutely enjoy working children.
• Experience working with children with anti-social behavioural tendencies, is an asset.
• Must have knowledge of music & experience with steelpan playing. Must be able to organize sport/play activities.
• Self-motivated and works well in a group
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
• Valid First Aid/CPR certification and Vulnerable Persons’ Criminal Reference Check
• Experience as a music camp counsellor or working in a music camp environment is an asset.
Applicants: please submit your resume & cover letter by email to email@example.com
on or before June 20th at 5:00pm
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted