Job Opportunity – Summer Camp Coordinator
Fixed term contract June 20 to August 5, 2016 (7 weeks)
Mondays to Fridays – 30 hours/week. Wages $11.25/hour
The camp coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing camp activities; providing guidance and
supervision to camp counsellors and ensuring campers have a safe, quality, fun-filled camp experience.
196 Wentworth St N, Suite 227B Hamilton ON L8L 5V7
The camp coordinator is expected to:
• plan, implement and lead the camp program developed under the direction of the program managers
• guide and supervise camp counsellors
• provide supervision to campers on and off site
• provide campers with activities that are safe, inclusive, educational and recreational
• liaise with the parents and respond to their concerns in a timely manner
• Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (e.g. attendance, incident/accident reports, opening/closing procedures)
Canada Summer Jobs eligibility requirements:
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
• Must have been registered as a full time student in the previous academic year and intends to return to school on a full time
basis in the next academic year
• Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
• Is legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
• Must absolutely enjoy working children.
• Experience working with children with anti-social behavioural tendencies, is an asset.
• Must have knowledge of music & experience with steelpan playing.
• Self-motivated, work well independently and in a group
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
• Valid First Aid/CPR certification and Vulnerable Persons’ Criminal Reference Check.
• Experience as a music camp coordinator or working in a music camp environment is an asset.
Applicants: please submit your resume & cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before June 15 at 5:00pm
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted